- Story by Janie Spaht Gill, Ph.D.
- Illustrations by Lori Wing
- DOMINIE PRESS / Pearson Learning Group
- GLE: Real/Make-believe (pre-kindergarten, kindergarten & Grades 1 & 2)
- Curriculum Extension Activities
- Cook biscuits for the class or your children and have the children enjoy putting on their favorite toppings of butter, jelly, molasses, brown sugar or cinnamon. Eat and enjoy!
- Across the bottom of a piece of chart paper, write the toppings the children used. Have each child draw the topping he or she chose and then write the word under the picture. Then the children glue their pictures above the correct label on the chart paper, thereby creating a bar graph.
Think about, discuss and list other foods Billy could have eaten to turn him into another animal. For example, eating carrots could have turned him into a rabbit, or eating fish could have turned him into a cat. Then have each child pick four sentences from the list to write and illustrate. For example, a child could draw a rabbit and write, “I ate a carrot and turned into a rabbit.” Combine each child’s pages to make a take-home book or keep.