1. In a New Orleans jazz band, the trumpet, clarinet, and trombone make up the
rhythm section is made up of the piano, banjo, bass (or tuba) and drums.
second line is the name for the dancers that parade behind the band.
4. The bass and the drums work together to create the
Buddy Bolden led one of the first great New Orleans jazz bands.
6. When two or more instruments make up melodies at the same time it is called collective improvisation.
7. Call and response is a kind of musical conversation.
8. The clarinet plays way up high, while the trombone plays in the lower