Reverend Fred Jeff Smith is the newly appointed paster of the Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church. His tenure will begin in March, 2013. From 1986 to 1992, Rev. Smith served as Pastor of the First Free Mission Baptist Church of New Orleans. Since March, 1992, he has served as Pastor of the Greater Mount Carmel Baptist Church of Scotlandville.
Fred Jeff Smith is a native of Baton Rouge, Louisiana. He received his secondary edu-cation at Baton Rouge High Magnet School. He received his Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from Louisiana State University in 1983, and his Master of Divinity degree from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary in 1986, in the Division of Pastoral Ministries.
Among his many affiliations, Rev. Smith is:
• Member (Past-President) of the Fourth District Congress of Christian Education.
• Member of the Fourth District Missionary Baptist Association.
• Member of the Louisiana Baptist State Convention.
• Member of the National Baptist Convention, USA, Inc.
• Member (Past-Board President) of the Interfaith Federation of Greater Baton Rouge.
• A member of the Board of Directors of the Working Interfaith Network.
• A member of the Board of Directors for Habitat for Humanity of Greater Baton Rouge.
• A member of Together Baton Rouge.
• A member of the Mid-City Christian Fellowship.
Rev. Smith is married to Rev. Demetria LeVel Jones-Smith, and they have two sons, Charles Turnbull Smith, II and Myles Gabriel Smith.
How is Louisiana tackling this serious addiction epidemic?
What strategies did each of the major candidates use during the Governor's race?
Would the breakaway City of St. George quash Baton Rouge’s school desegregation progress?
What challenges face our returning veterans?
How serious of a problem is the shortage of public defenders in Louisiana?
How will the lives of those who now have access to health care change?
What happens when police and the people they arrest have different versions of their encounters?
What is living in poverty like?»»» View all Topics!