Protecting the privacy of our visitors has always been a major priority since we established LPB Interactive in 1996. LPB has always adhered to a strict policy for ensuring the privacy of you and your childs personally identifiable information such as name, address, e-mail address, telephone number or any other identifiable information.
For information regarding LPB Interactive and Affiliated Web Sites, contact:
Louisiana Educational Television Authority
7733 Perkins Road
Baton Rouge, LA 70810
Phone: 1-800-272-8161 or 1-225-767-5660
Affiliated Web Sites:
Gathering and Use of Information
- When you visit one of our web sites to read or download information, we collect and store the name of the domain from which you access our site, the geographic location of its registration (which may or may not be your actual geographic location) and the date and time you access our site. We use this information to measure the number of visitors to LPB Interactive and our Affiliated Web Sites and to collect data pertaining to peak usage times.
- We will not collect personally identifiable information from you, other than what you supply to us on a voluntary basis.
- In order to participate in some activities, you might be asked to provide some personally identifiable information. This may include (but not limited to) the following
- contest or sweepstakes registration
- subscription registration for services which require subscription (such as e-mail or newsletters)
- requests for membership information to Friends of LPB
- shopLPB transactions
- content submissions, community postings (i.e. forums or bulletin boards)
- comments and suggestions, or voting
- online viewing
- LPB Interactive and our Affiliated Web Sites will not willfully disclose your personal information to any third party without first receiving your permission.
- LPB Interactive and our Affiliated Web Sites may use your personally identifiable information for activities explained above or for internal and marketing promotional purposes. Additionally, upon your approval, LPB Interactive and our Affiliated Web Sites may make customer mailing lists available to carefully screened companies whose products or services might interest customers of shop LPB or members of Friends of LPB. These are the only cases where such information might be provided to third parties and only after we have received your approval.
- We will always explain the extent of its use at the time you are asked to provide personal information. If you do not want this information to be collected or used by us for these purposes, you can simply check the appropriate boxes on our submission forms. Under certain circumstances, choosing not to provide personal information may prevent your participation in activities for which such information is needed, as in contests.
Since 1975, LPB has provided responsible and quality childrens programming. As we expand our on-line services, we want to ensure that we maintain that trust. To that end, we have instituted a number of protective measures that we believe will guarantee that LPB Interactive and our Affiliated Web Sites will be safe and enjoyable places for you and your children to visit.
- We will not collect personally identifiable information from your child without your consent.
- If your child sends us an e-mail with a question or comment, or enters one of our contests, we will respond using his or her e-mail, but will not store it for future communications.
- If we know that your child is under the age of thirteen, we will collect your permission offline (by postal mail, fax or phone) before we mail any prizes or share your childs personal information with anyone else.
- If a child submits stories, artwork, comments or anything else to us which is posted at one of our sites, he or she will be identified by name, age, city and state only after obtaining permission from the child(ren)s parent or guardian.
- If, at any time, you wish to change or delete information you have submitted, please email us at email@example.com or contact us at:
7733 Perkins Road
Baton Rouge, LA 70810
Phone: 1-225-767-5660 or 1-800-272-8161
- When your child(ren) are enrolled in the LPB Kids Club, your child(ren)s name and birth date (month and day only) may be used on-air and on the LPB Kids Club Web Site Birthday Scroll for a monthly birthday listing with the permission of the child(ren)s parent or guardian.
- We promise to help children, their families and communities find the information they need to use the Internet safely and responsibly.
- When an LPB Interactive site is partially funded by outside sponsors, we will mark any underwriter logos with a "sponsored by" tag. We select our underwriters carefully, to ensure that the companys products and services fit FELPB standards.
- Since we cannot be assured that links to outside sites follow our safety or privacy guidelines, we encourage adults and children to discuss these choices together. We are not responsible for the content, safety and privacy practices of any sites linked from our pages.
- You and your child(ren)s use of this site are contingent upon your having accepted these terms. You should check this policy frequently, since it is subject to change from time to time, and your continued use of the site is contingent upon your acceptance of any modifications that are made.
We want LPB Interactive and our Affiliated Web Sites to be places where parents, caregivers and children can browse, interact, learn and play safely. Were happy to hear your comments and opinions regarding LPB Interactive and our Affiliated Web Sites. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7733 Perkins Road
Baton Rouge, LA 70810
Phone: 1-225-767-5660 or 1-800-272-8161
Please make sure to read LPB Interactive's Copyright Notice to understand the additional terms and conditions, which apply to the use of our sites.
Your Submissions and Conduct»»»
A. By submitting content to LPB or any LPB related sites, you understand that whether or not such User Submissions are published, LPB does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any User Submissions.USE OF THIS AND ANY LPB SITE OR PRODUCT IS YOUR STATEMENT OF AGREEMENT.
B. You shall be solely responsible for your own submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them. In connection with submissions, you affirm, represent, and/or warrant that: you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize YouTube to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all User Submissions to enable inclusion and use of the submissions in the manner contemplated by the Website and these Terms of Service.
C. For clarity, you retain all of your ownership rights in your submissions. However, by submitting, you hereby grant Louisiana Public Broadcasting a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the submissions in connection with the LPB Website, broadcast stations and LPB's (and its successors' and affiliates') business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the LPB Website (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each user of the LPB Website a non-exclusive license to access your submissions through the Website, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such submissions as permitted through the functionality of the Website and under these Terms of Service. You understand and agree, however, that LPB may retain, but not display, distribute, or perform, server copies of User Submissions that have been removed or deleted. The above licenses granted by you in User Comments are perpetual and irrevocable.
D. In connection with submissions, you further agree that you will not submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant LPB all of the license rights granted herein.
E. You further agree that you will not, in connection with submissions, submit material that is contrary to the LPB terms of conduct, which may be updated from time to time, or contrary to applicable local, national, and international laws and regulations.
F. LPB does not endorse any submission or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and LPB expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with submissions. LPB does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on its Website, and LPB will remove all Content and User Submissions if properly notified that such Content or submission infringes on another's intellectual property rights. LPB reserves the right to remove Content and submissions without prior notice.
The following rules govern the use by you of LPB Interactive. The rules set forth herein apply to all materials, online communications and other information that is or becomes available on LPB Interactive (collectively, "Information"). BY SIGNING ON AND USING LPB INTERACTIVE, YOU SPECIFICALLY AGREE TO ABIDE BY THESE RULES AND ANY MODIFICATIONS THERETO.
1. Personal Uses Permitted.
LPB Interactive is an online information exchange service for use by LPB, PBS, its Member Stations and the general public. You shall not post, publish, transmit, reproduce, distribute or in any way use or exploit any Information for commercial purposes or otherwise use the Information in a manner that is inconsistent with these rules and regulations.
2. User's Obligation to Abide By Applicable Law.
In connection with the use of LPB Interactive, you shall abide by all applicable federal, state or local laws, including those pertaining to such areas as libel, slander, defamation, trade libel, product disparagement, harassment, invasion of privacy, tort, obscenity, indecency, and copyright or trademark infringement ("Applicable Law"). The Information available on LPB Interactive may include intellectual property that is protected under the copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws of the United States and/or other countries ("Intellectual Property Laws"). Such Intellectual Property Laws generally prohibit the unauthorized reproduction, distribution or exhibition of all text, photographic and graphic (art and electronic) images, music, sound samplings and other protected materials. The violation of applicable Intellectual Property Laws may give rise to civil and/or criminal penalties.
3. Disclosure of Online Communications.
You are cautioned that any online communications may not be fully confidential. In addition, you should be aware that federal postal regulations do not protect electronic mail. You should be aware that some administrative personnel of LPB may, in the course of their regular duties, have access to communications for technical or operational purposes. LPB may also disclose any communications to the extent permitted or required by law.
4. Prohibition Against Rogue Programming.
You shall not post, transmit or make available in any way through LPB Interactive any software or other materials which contain a computer virus, trojan horse, timebomb, worm or other rogue programming ("Rogue Programming"). LPB has no obligation to detect the presence of any Rogue Programming. Any downloading of software or other materials or any other use of the Information on LPB Interactive is at your risk, and you are advised to take adequate precautions to minimize any loss to your system caused by Rogue Programming, including use of anti-virus programs and proper backup of files.
5. Content of Information.
You are responsible for the content of any Information you put on LPB Interactive. The Information posted to LPB Interactive does not necessarily reflect the views of LPB and in no event shall LPB assume or have any responsibility or liability for any information posted to LPB Interactive or for any claims, damages or losses resulting from the use and/or appearance of such information on LPB Interactive. LPB has no obligation to, and does not in the normal course, monitor or control any Information that is or becomes available on LPB Interactive. LPB reserves the right to review any Information that is or becomes available on LPB Interactive. LPB reserves the right to refuse to post or to edit or remove, in whole or in part, any Information that is, in LPB's sole discretion, unacceptable, undesirable or in violation of these rules. LPB has no obligation to exercise such reservation of rights by LPB; however, LPB has adopted and implemented a policy respecting the copyright law that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of users of the LPB Interactive system or network who are repeat infringers. LPB may terminate access for content providers or forum participants who are found repeatedly to provide or post protected material without necessary rights and permissions. By submitting information to LPB, you grant LPB a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, transmit, copy and display such information in any and all media now know or hereinafter devised and represent that you have all necessary rights in such posting. While LPB strives to provide users with the highest-quality related resources on all of its sites, we cannot and do not ensure the quality or accuracy of the non-pbs.org content to which we link.
The video files, audio files and XML files that together comprise an LPB-hosted podcast (herein referred to as the "podcast") are protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. All rights to podcast(s) originating from the producer, including the content and technology included therein, are reserved to the producer. LPB-hosted podcast(s) are available for personal, noncommercial use only. You may link to LPB podcast(s) from your personal Web site and audio files may be downloaded and played on any system for personal, noncommercial purposes, provided that, unless permission to do so is expressly stated:
(a) you do not modify or delete any of the podcast or streaming content nor individual video or audio files;
(b) you do not redistribute the video files or audio files made available as part of the podcast nor any audio or video file downloaded or streamed from lpb.org;
(c) the use or display does not suggest that LPB, PBS, local PBS member stations nor the producer of the podcast(s) promotes or endorses any third party causes, ideas, Web sites, products or services;
(d) video files or audio files made available for download or streaming are not to be re-produced, edited, re-transmitted, or in any way repurposed without prior consent from the producer, LPB, and PBS.
For permission requests, please contact us at http://www.lpb.org/feedback/.
Producers, LPB, and PBS reserve the right to discontinue providing podcast(s) and to require that you cease accessing or using the podcast(s) or any elements of the podcast at any time for any reason.
The podcast producer and/or LPB may modify any of the terms and conditions contained herein, at any time and at our sole discretion, and such terms and conditions will become binding when placed online.
Under no circumstances and under no legal theory, tort, contract, strict liability, or otherwise, shall the podcast producer, LPB, PBS, nor any local PBS station be liable to you or any other person for any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages of any character including, without limitation, damages for lost profits, loss of goodwill, work stoppage, accuracy of services, content or results, computer failure or malfunction, damages resulting from disabling of the services provided as part of the podcast(s).
7. Disclaimer of Warranties.
LPB INTERACTIVE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NEITHER LPB, PBS, NOR THE MEMBER STATIONS WARRANT THAT ANY INFORMATION IS COMPLETE OR ACCURATE, THAT LPB INTERACTIVE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE OR THAT ANY INFORMATION IS FREE OF ROGUE PROGRAMMING.
8. Limitation of Damages.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, SHALL LPB, PBS, OR THE MEMBER STATIONS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE LPB INTERACTIVE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION USE OF OR RELIANCE ON INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON PBS ONLINE®, INTERRUPTIONS, ERRORS, DEFECTS, MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, DELETIONS OF FILES, DELAYS IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, NONDELIVERY OF INFORMATION, DISCLOSURE OF COMMUNICATIONS, OR ANY OTHER FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE.
9. Release and Indemnity.
YOU HEREBY RELEASE AND WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AND/OR LIABILITY AGAINST LPB, PBS, AND/OR THE MEMBER STATIONS ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF LPB INTERACTIVE. YOU ALSO AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS, PBS AND THE MEMBER STATIONS, FROM AND AGAINST, ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OR LIABILITY, INCLUDING COSTS AND ATTORNEYS FEES, ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF LPB INTERACTIVE OR FAILURE TO ABIDE BY APPLICABLE LAW.
These rules may be modified by LPB from time to time and such modifications will be binding on you when placed online.
11. Terms and Conditions for Use of shopLPB.
Please read the Terms and Conditions for Use of shopLPB Agreement carefully before accessing the Service. By accessing the Service, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.